IHF is looking for a hard-working, dedicated Lead Director to commit their time and talents for two years to our educational centers in Indonesia, specifically in Bali, Jakarta, Medan and Banda Aceh. All Indonesian centers conduct English, math and computer classes for disadvantaged children aged 6-17 as a way of supplementing the limited Indonesian public education system. In addition to being an educational center, our Jakarta center also provides a home to a small number of children.
About the Role
Each Indonesian center has 2-4 Co-Directors. The Lead Director for Indonesia will oversee the Co-Directors and the programs at all Indonesian centers. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Training new Co-Directors in the various at-center tasks they must complete in order to keep the center running smoothly
- Travelling around the 4 centers that IHF has in Indonesia throughout the year, ensuring that each is well maintained and properly run. Staying at least 4 weeks in each center when visiting
- Working on the legal structure of the organization. Helping update and obtain the required legal documents
- Helping develop local contacts around the different areas IHF has programs
- Overseeing some of the operations and finances of the organisation in Indonesia
- Innovating ideas to improve the organisation’s programmes
- Working online in several key areas of the organization, such as the Hiring, Legal, or Fundraising teams
- Reporting on a weekly basis to the Executive Director
This work will be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and be an essential part of the functioning of an all-volunteer run, grassroots NGO.
- Applicants with any educational background are welcome, but those with a degree in social studies, language studies, education, law, or social work are particularly invited to apply
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a managerial position. Preferred 2 years experience working or volunteering with an international NGO
- Applicants who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility, and who easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations
- Excellent teamwork skills and working ethics
- Experience abroad; travel, working or volunteering
- Experience with teaching and/or children
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. So must IHF staff. Our volunteers must have high intercultural sensitivity and be tolerant to different views and ways of life.
If you're ready to apply, please send a copy of your CV/resume, a cover letter and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.